“You think a diagnosis is going to change things. The right help and support will come and be handed to you on a plate… Well dream on, it most certainly won’t! I learnt almost instantly, that for some, my sons diagnosis wasn’t worth the paper it was written on.”
- My Child’s Diagnosis Didn’t Give Me Depression! The SEN System Did That! (seventhvoice.wordpress.com)
- New News – Autism – Child Development – Research – Infants – Toddlers – Diagnosis (everydayfamily.com)
- Acceptance on Child’s Disability (mylittlemr.com)
- Diagnosis: Human, Ted Gup (paristampablog.com)
- To be hospitalized (ffueled.wordpress.com)
Originally posted on A boy with Asperger's:
Its funny, Just recently I found myself engaged in conversation With a fellow parent at my daughter’s school. We were discussing depression, a subject I won’t hide from!
This parent reads my blog and is aware that depression has sometimes been a part of my life… More so than not.
So, if I’m ever asked a question I will try to answer it openly and Honestly. I’m not ashamed to say… “Yes I had depression” Why should I be? So, Having engaged in conversation for at least five-minutes with this lady I suddenly came to realise that there was some type of crossed wires on her part in regards to a depressive episode I experienced around 3 years ago! This started me thinking… Does everybody think the same way?
So I wanted to explain something, and do so very clearly! My son’s diagnosis of Aspergers Syndrome didn’t bring out any…
View original 469 more words