Don’t you just love the way a good book can embrace you. Take you in and carry you far, far, away, from the worries of the every day, or reflect some essential truth, hidden in the mist of daily being?
Words can hug you,
Holding you joyously captive,
Before gently releasing you,
Back into the ebb and flow of life,
Adding always some fresh ingredient,
To the heady worldly mix,
Of thoughts and feelings,
That eternally surround you.
Words can become life rafts,
Keeping you afloat,
In the ocean of emotions,
That can sometimes threaten,
To drag you under.
Words can hold and hug you,
Keeping you warm and safe,
Becoming a source of nutrients,
Especially when the world outside,
Removes all semblance,
Of its grace.
I love finding authors whose words somehow, always, make you feel as if you are coming home. No matter what the genre. Here are a few authors that always hold me in their words Jane Austen, Mary Shelley, Virginia Wolf, Jeanette Winterson, Jenny Diski, Jodi Picoult, Maeve Binchey, Stephen Donaldson, Tess Gerritsen, Karen Rose and Karin Slaughter ….. the list quite simply could go on and on…..
Which authors words reach out and hug you?
- The Mephisto Club (Jane Rizzoli, Book 6) e-book downloads (idyvkoo.typepad.com)
- Jeanette Winterson takes on University role (telegraph.co.uk)
- Global Hug Haiku (lscotthoughts.com)
- A word on words (windling.typepad.com)
- Hugs (mysinglegreenlight.wordpress.com)
- a hug in time…………… (monikabh25.wordpress.com)
- An Incredible Hug From A Stranger (trhys365.wordpress.com)
- Love as a force of nature: Jeanette Winterson (achangeinthewind.com)